recipes * memories * tips * photos * trips
VERSION / VERSÃO
05/ 15/ 2016
THE FRIENDSHIP WAS ENDED, BUT THE AUBERGINE RECIPE REMAINED!
A friendship brings good things to us, such as good talks, lots of laughs, confidences, guidance and support. And, in some cases, we can exchange experiences of the magic kitchen world. It means swapping recipes! One of my mum’s friendships resulted in a tasty aubergine antipasti. This recipe is extremely easy to make and, when it is baking, the smell of the ingredients invades the whole house and everyone knows what my mum is cooking; it’s fantastic! This smell has been characteristic of our house for a long time! My mum’s “EX-friend” gave the recipe to us. Yes, I said “Ex-friend”! Because, it has been more than 20 years since my mum’s friend stopped talking with us. Until now, we have no clue of what happened! I confess that it was shame because we were very close to her children; we studied at the same class at school. Who knows, maybe some day we can become friends again? Well, let’s go to know more about this recipe! It comes from São José do Rio Preto-SP City, where my mum’s ex-friend was born and, it was appreciated as antipasti in a nightclub. We make this aubergine antipasti every time we give big parties, with a lot of friends and relatives because it yields so much, it’s excellent to make for antipasti and, if you eat with a crunchy slice of toast, it’s a perfect match!
Total time: 1 hour 40 minutes Serves: 20 people
- 4 aubergines, chopped in cubes with peel
- 3 onions, chopped in cubes
- 4 garlic gloves, cut into slices
- 1 cup of large black olives
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 5 bays leaves
- 1/2 cup raisin
- ½ cup walnuts
- Olive oil
1. Cut the aubergine in cubes with peel, put in large pan, cover with water, 1 tablespoon of salt and bring to boil on medium heat. As soon as it boils, remove the aubergine from the heat and drain it;
2. Place the aubergine in a large bowl add all ingredients, baste with a large portion of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of salt and mix well;
3. Next, put this mixture in a baking pan, cover it with aluminum foil and bake over a pre-heat oven for 50 to 60 minutes;
4. Leave to cool. This antipasti is tastier if it made the day before!