07/ 09/ 2016
VERSION / VERSÃO
recipes * memories * tips * photos * trips
I ONLY REMEMBER THINGS THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO ME!
This beautiful line above was my dad’s answer to my mum! Well, on this day, she asked him one million times: “Haven’t you forgotten anything important today?” It was their 39th wedding anniversary (hahaha!). Wake up dad! But, this little woman didn’t even flinch! Without anybody knowing she cut her wedding ring with her ikebana scissors. How did we discover that? One day, I went to my parents’ house for lunch and my husband saw something under the dining room table. He picked it up and asked: “What is this?” My mum started laughing and she told us what had happened on her wedding anniversary. Everyone laughed, but this story is gonna be terribly expensive for my dad because she immediately thought about one necklace that she had been dreaming of. So, she has already mentalized and planned a happy ending for her forgotten wedding celebration! On that day, my mum made a recipe that she had learned at Maria Elisa Focesi’s cooking course, a long time ago. It was a modern mayo that is absolutely tasty and it is made with chicken and fresh cheese. My mum used to make this modern mayo for our birthday and she also filled some puff pastry with it. Amazing childhood taste!
Total time: 1 hour Serves: 12 people
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, cut in small cubes
- 1 can of peeled tomatoes (400 grams)
- 200 grams of sandwich bread without shell, cut in small cubes
- 1 cup mayo
- 100 grams green olive, chopped
- 200 grams fresh cheese, cut in small cubes
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a pressure pan, grill onion, add chicken and cook for a while;
2. Next, put tomatoes, salt, cover with water and close the pressure pan. Cook for 30 minutes on medium heat;
3. After the chicken is cooked, shred it. We’re just gonna use the chicken. The remaining sauce you can use in some other recipe, such as pasta sauce, soup or other things.
4. Then, in a large bowl, mix well all ingredients until get homogenous mixture. If you think the mixture is too wet, add more cubes of bread. Taste it and check the salt;
5. Grease a baking pan with a hole in the middle and put the mayo mixture;
6. Cover it with aluminum foil and leave to cool in the fridge. Serve in a beautiful platter or fill some puff pastry!